Ever wonder where all of your money goes each month? Below are some simple tips that could save you money each month on your energy bill.
- When buying new appliances, energy-efficient appliances are the best way to go because they will save you money while benefiting the environment as well.
- If you have two refrigerators try to pull the plug on the second one…who truly needs two?
- Replace standard & halogen bulbs with CFLs.
- Make sure you’re changing your air filters at least once a month to make sure you are receiving the greatest efficiency out of your system.
- Check your attic insulation and increase it to R-30 if lacking.
- During the summer months, try to use your ceiling fans more than your HVAC system while setting your thermostat to no less than 78 degrees.
- During the winter months, try a passive solar strategy and leave your blinds and curtains open during the day to help warm your home.
- When doing laundry always try to wash with cold water.
- Double check your water heater’s temperature to see if you can reduce the temperature setting.
Let us help you with your energy issues. Above and Beyond Energy is a residential energy consultant provider. We offer many professional services for our clients and have a skilled team of trained technicians to provide those services. If you are looking for an experienced, quality Blower Door Test technician or Duct Test technician please call our office at 910.791.7123 to schedule your appointment.