Since you can’t visibly see the air leaking from your ductwork most of the time leakages go unnoticed by HVAC contractors and homeowners. This is the reason why the ductwork needs to be properly tested so that it performs to its greatest efficiency and capacity. Leaks cause conditioned air to be released outside, into a hot attic, or crawlspace depending on where the leak is occurring.
A duct test has a tendency to fail due to a variety of installation and equipment mishaps. Below are just a few named issues that should be addressed and fixed properly to reduce your chances of failing your duct blaster test.
- Poorly fitting joints and seams in the ductwork
- Disconnected or partially disconnected boot connections
- Holes or rips in the ducts
- Improper seals for supply and return ducts
- Improper connections between room registers and register boots
- Poorly fitting air handler doors
Above and Beyond Energy has well trained technicians that can test your duct system to lower your energy bill and receive maximum efficiency from your entire system. Call us at 910.791.7123 to schedule your duct leakage testing today.