An energy rater or HERS rater can help you pinpoint areas where conditioned air is leaking out of your home.
- Through use of a blower door and a thermal camera, an energy rater can very quickly help you identify areas that need air sealing measures.
- Attic to house connection should be assessed and air sealed.
- Crawl space to house connection should be assessed and air sealed.
- Can Light Gaskets. Install air tight trim gaskets in all of your can lights; thus reducing the amount of conditioned air leaking past your can lights. These are available at most hardware stores.
- Electrical outlet covers with air tight gaskets are also available at hardware stores.
- Weather strip door and attic accesses.